Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Last Autumn Leaf

Those were the times
when you looked at Me,
and then you smiled
for the last you could see.

What kept you from falling?
I was waiting,
Waiting for a new horizon
the birth of another spring.

And the last hold on your branch
the last moments at your death,
was like holding eternity
in My very own breath.

Those were the moments of truth
the moments of life,
the moments of grief
yet the desire was all Mine.

You still looked at Me
and smiled at My death,
for there I lay, seeing you
holding My last breath.

Then I realized
that the smile was only Mine,
as I knew
that I too shall have to die.

In those last moments
I could see a New Horizon,
the deep red sky
and the fire again.

And then you fell to the ground
to give birth to The New Spring,
as you are
The Last Autumn Leaf.

And I was born again ...

~ Suprabhat

No comments: