Friday, July 28, 2006

The Singing Sensation ...

and the phenomenon called Himesh Reshammiya has indeed done a greater good to the Indian music arena in the last eight years than perhaps all the music directors put together. With implausible vocals and a non- cacophonic music score, he is the darling of the music aficionados and the masses alike including me. The composure in the voice and with its wide range has earned him laurels throughout and will do so down the years. We ought not to question the cult status he has achieved harboring the immense and unique talent of his.

He started off producing tele serials like Andaz (Zee TV) and had the noble idea of composing for his own serials thus gifting the Indian audience the opportunity to enjoy his work. How noble was the decision is apparent today after he has entered the world of movie background score and also lend his impeccable voice.

Naam tera tera ... is one of his recent chart toppers. Undoubtedly so. The genuine and original add of the nasal septum to the voice is unparalleled. Imagine a bull roaring through the nostrils in melancholy. Sad and outrageous at the same time, with a reiteration of the main “raga” time and again reminding the audience of the depth of the song and lyrics like a hypnotic act. Go to any hip pub in the city and you wouldn’t be back with a remix version of Aashiq banaya apne and Woh lamhe and watching the maddening crowd dancing to his tunes. Oh, those lamhe’s are a bliss.

Do not be surprised if he takes to acting sooner or later. He is sure to get a break after his outstanding performance in one of his compositions Tu yaad na aaye aisa koi din nahi. The partisans of Vijendra Ghadge of yesteryears, Atul Agnihotri and Arjun Rampal of recent times and a Mohit Alawat(James fame) off late may beware, Himesh will give them the run for their money once he is into his acting shoes. I am waiting for a movie with the lead actor adorned by Himesh more than I wait for the next Karan Johar flick.

If I am saying that it is the best music of next year then see I have to face you people also. So, I know ki joote bhi pad sakte hain. So, itne confidence se kah raha hoon to sure hoon to kah raha hoon. (I know I can be a flop. But I am saying it with so much confidence as I know I will be a hit)”. This is what he had to say about his release “Namsate London” next year.Such is the confidence of his that he predicts the popularity of his forthcoming releases with such ease. No doubt he has understood the pulse of the audience more than Sameer has realized the audience’s love of his lyrics.

Just let any other singer of the high league sing the song Love you unconditionally Soniye and he is bound to take a hundred tries just to get the mukhda right. But Himesh sings it with such ease and finesse that you remain glued and avert all your desire to change the channel at once.

What have you done to me? I remain eternally glued to the television on hearing a Ahista ahista and a tera suroor and it requires a Shivvardhan Trivedi(of Sansani fame) to get me back on track to the real world! Thank you. Love you unconditionally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me Suppi tht wht u hv written is wht u mean.
I am sniffing of sarcasm here, but not very sure.

No doubt some songs of his are good n lilting, but tht guy pisses me off, with his cockiness.

He claims himself as a "New Age Rock Star" of India.Makes me snigger.

Asset

Suprabhat Mukherjee said...

"Love me, hate me, but you cannot ignore me"

You sniffed it right :)

Aps said...

I sometimes wonder weather he is bald or what. You cannot just get his cap off him.

On his singing, yes you simply cannot ignore him. You ignore him once and the other channel plays it, you change to another channel and it plays him again. Over and over in the same attire in the same stuble in the same cap in the same nasal voice. Well!! too much attention kills you at times.

TSR said...

Hilarious!

I have met people who just adore him/his voice or run a mile away hearing his nasal crooning. I find it really interesting!