Sunday, June 03, 2007

O Venus, I am thy Slave!

Sultry Saturday afternoon. Perfect day to grab a post lunch drink and settle on the bean bag and surf for mundane programs. I go surfing and reach the fag end of the entertainment channel band. The ice is slowly melting.

Zoom TV (isko dekho!). Bejan Daruwala is covering most of the TV screen and sermonizing in his atypical ishtyle. Scroll at the bottom reads [Court refuses to accept Amitabh Bacchhan as a farmer] and [Yes, I am married and expecting – Mahima Chaudhary] and [Shilpa shetty to be honoured by Radio Mirchi’s achievers forum]

Alright, looks interesting enough to hold on for a few more minutes.

If you haven’t heard of Bejan Daruwala, you ought to bang your head with the first stone that you can see around. Alright, hold on before you do so. Because the sermon today is all on stones, precious in this case, and a concealed marketing gimmick which the viewer will require the intelligence of a Mr. Holmes to crack.

Comes the turn of Taurus and this interests me further.

“Vrishab rashi ka grah shukr hai. Aap ki zindagi mein shukr ka bahut prabhav hai. Yadi aap apne karobar aur nizi zindagi me khushali chahte hain to Global sky shop ki nirmit Topaz stone bayen haath ke choti ungli mein pahene” - Bejan

[And a footage shows thereafter]

“Main ek businessman hoon aur kayi saalon se meri zindagi mein koi samridhi nahi thi. Main pareshan ho gaya tha. Meri biwi ke saath aksar anban hoti thi. Phir maine Global Sky shop ka Topaz pahana. Ab mein bahut khush hoon. Meri biwi se ab mere relations bahut acche hain. Mujhe karobar mein din dugni, raat chauguni munafa hua hai. Thank you global sky shop products”.

This continues with a recommendation of Turquoise for a Sagittarius, a Ruby for a Virgo …

The candor of the “real life people” shown in the footage impresses me beyond a doubt.

I too now realize the importance of Shukr in my life. Venus, in other words, influences me a lot. I realize that my daily chores, work and relationship is visibly affected by its presence. As I think about this, I recall an episode from Turning Point (Doordarshan) where queries were taken up by Prof Yashpal Sharma, the eminent Scinetist. He said that the gravitational pull that a person 1 ft away exerts on you is more than that exerted by a distant planet or even the Moon by several multiples. That way the person should influence you more than any of the planets in the solar system. I being a believer in the scientific school of thoughts agreed with this. But having watched the charisma and fame of Bejan, I now differ. I can actually feel Venus attracting me every minute and guiding me to say what I say, do what I do, feel what I feel and achieve what is destined for me.

O, mother Venus. I am thy slave.

The first thing I shall do next is call up Global Sky Shop (I made it a point to nore down the number and product code) and order for a Topaz and decorate my little finger on the left with its shine which will guide my life to prosperity and well being.

Ab meri zindagi mein bhi dher saari khushiyan hongi aur main bhi kaamyaab banunga.

2 comments:

Aps said...

Hmm.. and so someone is from Venus and someone from Mars..Hmm.. sure to have effect. Gravitational is just one of the forces.

Amit Pandey said...

"This continues with a recommendation of Turquoise for a Sagittarius, a Ruby for a Virgo …"

What bullshit man !!!! Its Yellow Sapphire (Pukhraj) for Sagittarius and the planet is Jupiter as NOT Neptune (as Daruwalla says in the ad).
Guy, go a a good astrologer to get your horoscope checked and do not believe this Daruwalla sponsored ads.